IN-HOUSE TEAM WORKSHOP
Supporting families with transition to School for children with disability and/or developmental delay
About our Ready.Set.School! workshop:
Starting school is an important milestone in any child and family’s life. For families of children with developmental delay or disability, transition to school requires additional thought, time, planning and support to make the process as smooth and as positive as possible.
Our Ready.Set.School! workshop has been designed to support those who work with parents and carers of children with disability or additional needs who are embarking upon their transition to school journey. The workshop will help you establish a framework to support a successful start to school for the child and their family.
Based on a community-wide approach, the Ready.Set.School! workshop provides practical strategies, opportunities for information sharing, as well as access to free social story templates, planning checklists and other tools that can be used collaboratively with families, other professionals and the chosen school, to make transition to school a more seamless process.
What the workshop covers:
- Inclusion basics: The rights of the child and family
- Your role in the transition to school process
- The role of others in the transition team in the transition to school process
- How to support families to make informed decisions about school options
- How to support families to advocate for their child during the transition to school process, including trouble-shooting tips
- What information is relevant to share with the school about the child and how they learn
- What activities could help to increase the child’s independence in preparation for school
- What families might expect once their child starts school
- How to use the practical downloadable tools from Reimagine Australia’s transition to school suite of resources
Who the workshop is designed for:
- ECI Practitioners such as Key Workers, Early Childhood Special Education Teachers, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Orthoptists, Audiologists and NDIA/ECEI staff.
- ECEC Practitioners such as Preschool Staff, Long Day Care Staff, Occasional Care Staff, Family Day Care Staff.
- School Staff such as Principals, Assistant Principals, Classroom Teachers, Learning Support Teachers, Teacher’s Aides and School Counsellors.
- Community Organisation Staff such as Out of School Hours (OOSH) Staff, Playgroup Staff, Sports Coaches or Volunteers, Martial Arts Instructors, Music Teachers and Dance Teachers.
What you receive:
- 6 hours of professional development for up to 40 particpants, delivered flexibly. You can choose from a one day virtual face-to-face workshop or 3 x 2 hour virtual face-to-face sessions over 3 weeks. Or, if you prefer, our exceptional Reimagine Australia Trainer can deliver the workshop in-person at a location of your choosing (travel fees are the responsibility of the purchaser)
- Digital Participant Workbook, including pre-reading and links to tools and resources
- Enduring access to online tools and resources
- Certificate of Completion
Preferred dates can be advised at check out
Please note this course is to be delivered on weekdays only. Please contact us should you wish for an in-house weekend workshop.
Save up to 50% per participant by purchasing your Ready.Set.School! in-house team workshop today and let us better equip your team in their life-changing work with children and their families.