IN-HOUSE TEAM WORKSHOP (COMING SOON – REGISTER YOUR INTEREST)
Reaching the North Star
How to achieve a reimagined early childhood system by 2030, starting with you
About our Reaching the North Star workshop:
This new workshop is grounded in the findings, key priority areas and overarching recommendations of the very first national blueprint for early childhood intervention, known as the Reimagine Early Childhood Action Plan to 2030.
This first of it’s kind ten year action plan for the specialist early childhood development sector is guided by a transparent, shared and clearly articulated national vision that will enable the building of family capacity and the achievement of the very best outcomes for families and their children – and, ultimately, ensure that every child is afforded every possibility to thrive.
Reaching the North Star will focus you on the aspiration of the world we want to see in 2030 – a responsive, high quality and easy to navigate early childhood intervention system which places families at the centre and embraces the diversity of all children – and show you how you can start to breathe the ‘blueprint’ to life in your every day practice.
This workshop is designed to enable you understand how you can shape the future of the sector, whilst maximising the potential of every child and family that you encounter through a whole of family approach.
What the workshop covers:
- What families need: the ‘waiting for’ statement
- The Reimagine Early Childhood Action Plan
- What is my North Star?
- How to empower families through information, resources and choice, to support the development and wellbeing of their whole family.How to support children with disability or additional needs and their families to meaningfully participate in their networks, communities, learning and work environments.How to work across your community ecosystem to support children and their families in an integrated and holistic way.
- The role of policy change, research and innovation and how you can drive it from the grassroots
Who the workshop is designed for:
- ECI Practitioners such as Key Workers, Early Childhood Special Education Teachers, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Orthoptists, Audiologists and NDIA/ECEI staff.
- ECEC Practitioners such as Preschool Staff, Long Day Care Staff, Occasional Care Staff, Family Day Care Staff.
- Health Professionals such as General Practitioners, Maternal Health Nurses, and Pediatricians.
- Community Organisation Staff such as Out of School Hours (OOSH) Staff and Playgroup Staff.
What you receive:
- 6 hours of professional development for a team of up to 40 participants, delivered flexibly. You can choose from a one day virtual face-to-face workshop or 3 x 2 hour virtual face-to-face sessions over 3 weeks. Or, if you prefer, our exceptional Reimagine Australia Trainer can deliver the workshop in-person at a location of your choosing (travel costs to be covered by purchaser)
- Digital Participant Workbook, including pre-reading and links to tools and resources
- Enduring access to online tools and resources
- Certificate of Completion
Preferred dates can be advised at check out
Please note this course is to be delivered on weekdays only. Please contact us should you wish for an in-house weekend workshop.
Save up to 50% per participant by registering your interest to book your Reaching the North Star in-house team workshop today and let us better equip your team in their life-changing work with children and their families.