IN-HOUSE TEAM WORKSHOP
Telepractice for early childhood practitioners
About our Connect workshop:
Telepractice refers to the use of technology to deliver early childhood intervention services and supports at a distance. Using telepractice, early childhood intervention practitioners can deliver services in the child’s natural environment, such as a family’s home, and parents are able to incorporate the daily routines of their family into the session activities.
Telepractice allows families to take the lead in their interaction with their child during the session. By allowing families hands-on practice with activities and engaging with their child, parents and caregivers are better enabled to support their child’s development during every day routines. Families are left feeling confident and more likely to incorporate activities into daily routines.
Research has shown telepractice to be very effective in achieving optimised outcomes for children with developmental delay and/or disability, in a family centred way, consistent with contemporary early childhood intervention best-practice.
This workshop has been designed to support and assist early childhood intervention practitioners to deliver quality services and supports via telepractice. Grounded in best practice principles, it provides practical guidance to support you in your work as an early childhood practitioner.
What the workshop covers:
- What is Telepractice?
- What are the benefits?
- Telepractice and the Law
- How do I get started?
- Conducting a session
- Telepractice Guidelines
Who the workshop is designed for:
- ECI Practitioners such as Key Workers, Early Childhood Special Education Teachers, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Orthoptists, Audiologists and NDIA/ECEI staff.
- ECEC Practitioners such as Preschool Staff, Long Day Care Staff, Occasional Care Staff, Family Day Care Staff.
- Community Organisation Staff such as Out of School Hours (OOSH) Staff and Playgroup Staff
What you receive:
- 6 hours of professional development for a team of up to 40 participants, delivered flexibly. You can choose from a one day virtual face-to-face workshop or 3 x 2 hour virtual face-to-face sessions over 3 weeks. Or, if you prefer, our exceptional Reimagine Australia Trainer can deliver the workshop in-person at a location of your choosing (travel costs to be covered by purchaser)
- Digital Participant Workbook, including pre-reading and links to tools and resources
- Enduring access to online tools and resources
- Certificate of Completion
Preferred dates can be advised at check out
Please note this course is to be delivered on weekdays only. Please contact us should you wish for an in-house weekend workshop.
Save up to 50% per participant by purchasing your Connect in-house team workshop today and let us better equip your team in their life-changing work with children and their families.