ONLINE WORKSHOP FOR SA METRO PROVIDERS FUNDED BY THE NDIA
Best Practice for early childhood practitioners
About our Quality workshop:
The aim of early childhood intervention is to ensure that parents and other important adults in the child’s life can provide young children with disability and/or developmental delay with experiences and opportunities that help them gain and use the skills they need to participate meaningfully in their everyday lives.
Research shows that providing children and families with timely, comprehensive and well-integrated early intervention support, under a family-centred, best practice framework, will lead to better long-term outcomes for children and families, fostering inclusion, a sense of belonging and greater participation in their communities.
Reimagine Australia’s Best Practice in Early Childhood Intervention workshop has been designed by Australia’s leading early childhood intervention practitioners, to provide you with the latest tools to effectively enable and support you in your work with children with developmental delay and/or disability and their families, using a best-practice approach.
What the workshop covers:
- The program covers four key areas based on the National Guidelines for Best Practice in Early Childhood Intervention:
- Universal Principles
Who the workshop is designed for:
- ECI Practitioners such as Key Workers, Early Childhood Special Education Teachers, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Orthoptists, Audiologists and NDIA/ECEI staff.
- ECEC Practitioners such as Preschool Staff, Long Day Care Staff, Occasional Care Staff, Family Day Care Staff.
- School Staff such as Principals, Assistant Principals, Classroom Teachers, Learning Support Teachers, Teacher’s Aides and School Counsellors.
- Health Professionals such as General Practitioners, Maternal Health Nurses, and Pediatricians.
- Community Organisation Staff such as Out of School Hours (OOSH) Staff, Playgroup Staff, Sports Coaches or Volunteers, Martial Arts Instructors, Music Teachers and Dance Teachers.
What you receive:
- 6 hours of professional development, delivered as 3 x 2 hour virtual face-to-face sessions, over 3 weeks by one of our exceptional Reimagine Australia Trainers
- Digital Participant Workbook, including pre-reading and links to tools and resources
- Enduring access to online tools and resources
- Certificate of Completion
Upcoming workshop dates:
To reduce screen-fatigue, the workshop is broken into 3 x 2 hour sessions, delivered over 3 consecutive weeks. All participants will need to attend all 3 x 2 hour session to complete the training, as follows:
- Workshop Session 1: 10am – 12pm Wednesday 14th October 2020 (AEST)
- Workshop Session 2: 10am – 12pm Wednesday 21st October 2020 (AEST)
- Workshop Session 3: 10pm – 12pm Wednesday 28th October 2020 (AEST)
These workshops will be facilitated by Denise Luscombe.
Seats are strictly limited to 50 people, with a limit of two participants from each Provider. This workshop is specifically for SA Metro Providers.