Website KU Children's Services
Exciting opportunities for qualified Paediatric Occupational Therapists to help shape exciting new programs within KU Children’s Services.
Based at KU Sutherland Preschool, the successful applicants will:
- Deliver Occupational Therapy to children enrolled at KU preschools in the Sutherland area
- Provide assessments and intervention to children aged 0-7 years the local community
- Provide services to clients with NDIS packages
- Offer fee for service sessions
You will work as part of a transdisciplinary team within the preschools, comprising both early childhood educators and allied health therapists, including an experienced Speech Pathologist.
You will work closely with families to identify their goals for their children and support them to achieve these goals in a family-centered service delivery model.
Supported by experienced administrators and reporting directly to the Allied Health Manager, this is a wonderful opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of children.
Furthermore, the scope of your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with other professionals involved with children receiving speech pathology services where appropriate.
- Referring children receiving speech pathology services to other professionals and/or agencies when necessary, in consultation with families and centre staff working collaboratively with all members of the KU.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external services such as Early Intervention Providers, other Allied Health professionals and mainstream educational and community services.
- Administrating initial and review assessments with children and providing written strategies for communication support for the children in the home and centre environments.
Permanent part time and full time positions are available with full time positions accruing one monthly rostered day off (RDO).
To be considered, the following are essential:
- Degree in Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) or its equivalent
- Registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia
- AHPRA registration
- Driver Licence
- A current NSW Working with Children Check
- A valid NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Demonstrated professional level of written and verbal communication skills
Why join KU?
KU has been recognised as a Winner of The Australian Business Awards for Employer of Choice in 2016 – 2020. At KU we want to make your work with us as interesting and rewarding as we possibly can.
KU is a culturally sensitive employer, committed to improving outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, families and employees.
The KU Difference:
We Reward – We offer sector leading pay and benefits including salary packaging and discounted private health insurance.
We Build Careers – We enable and encourage our people to grow and evolve with us
We Grow Our People – We provide opportunities to learn, grow and enhance your professional practice through KU’s high quality professional learning program
We Offer an Inclusive Culture – We’ve created a diverse and inclusive working culture with a shared vision and common values.
How do you apply?
To be considered, please send your updated cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For inquiries or a copy of the position description, contact Katie Histon, HR Generalist on 9268 3919 or via email@example.com
To view other vacant positions, please visit our website www.ku.com.au/careers
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.